The Finance Society strives to prepare members for the looming challenges that await young business professionals entering the worlds of finance and business. As board members, we dedicate our time and resources to best educate and help members achieve excellence in the classroom, the community and ultimately in the workplace. As students ourselves, we understand the competitive and volatile nature of the business environment and are constantly improving to meet the growing demands of recruiters and employers across all fields of finance.
The Finance Society was founded in 2008, and quickly grew in size due to its wide scope of activities, reaching up to 50 active members. Furthermore, we are constantly seeking to grow our membership base to be able to create wider connections between aspiring professionals and the jobs market.
Members of the Finance Society receive the following benefits:
- Current Events discussions that provide an up-to- date perspective on the markets and serves to expose students to news events that can come up in interviews.
- Direct links to employers for internships and full-time job opportunities through employer presentations.
- Participation in Case Competitions such as the CFA Research Challenge and the Isenberg Stock Pitch Competition.
- The chance to network with multiple different employers and like-minded peers.
- Insight into common technical interview questions and strategies on how to tackle the most difficult of questions for internship and job interviews.
- Access to upperclassmen in the Finance major who can provide advice and guidance to underclassmen.
- Chance harvesting your desired skillset by becoming part of our specialty clubs.
- Valuable Peer Mentoring System.